The Salar de Uyuni is the largest salt desert in the world. This vast plane of salt covers over 10 thousand square kilometers of surface and contains 10 billion tons of salt. Located in the southwest of Bolivia, over 3560 meters above sea level. Major features within this vast salt flats lies surprises such as:
There is no place like it in the world in the rainy season between December to March . A mirror effect from water to sky reveals an experience not tobe missed.
- Early in the morning starting from Tupiza.
- We reach San Antonio de Lípez Village.
- End of the day in Quetena.
- Night at Hostel (rooms with heating, private bathroom, water hot).
- Early in the morning we leave Quetena Chico.
- Head towards Laguna Hedionda, Kollpa Laguna.
- Next cross the small Salar de Challviri to reach the medicinal hot springs for a bath.
- Pass through the Dalí Desert.
- Visit Laguna Blanca and Laguna Verde.
- Arrive at the wonderful Laguna Colorada and a short walk to see the flamingos.
- In the end we reach the lodging of Huayllajara in front of Laguna Colorada.
- Leave at 04:00 a.m. to the north and cross the Siloli desert.
- Stop in the stone tree.
- Pass through the "road of the jewels".
- Visit the lagoons Ramaditas, Honda, Chiarkota, Hedionda and Cañapa.
- Arrival at the Ollague volcano.
- Visit to the Salar de Chiguana.
- Finish the day in Atullcha.
- From Atullcha 1 hour journey to reach the Salar de Uyuni.
- Visit to the Incahuasi Island.
- Continue to the first Hotel de Sal and the community of Colchani.
- We get to Uyuni Salt Flats.
- Arrival at the train cemetery.
- Around 17:00 - 18:00 end the tour at Uyuni Village.