The Salar de Uyuni is the largest salt desert in the world. This vast plane of salt covers over 10 thousand square kilometers of surface and contains 10 billion tons of salt. Located in the southwest of Bolivia, over 3560 meters above sea level. Major features within this vast salt flats lies surprises such as:
There is no place like it in the world in the rainy season between December and March . A mirror effect from water to sky reveals an experience not to be missed.
- Early in the morning pick up from bus station or airport in Uyuni then breakfast is served.
- 10am Departure to the Uyuni salt flats, in 4x4 whilst visit the train cemetery. We will then visit Colchani, to observe the processing of salt, visit the refinery. A walk through the eyes of the salt, appreciating the natural formations of salt. Next we will visit the Incahuasi Island known as the Fish Island, there we will make a walk along the path of the ancient cactus island, where we can enjoy a spectacular view of the salt crust.
- Next we will visit the Incahuasi Island known as the Fish Island, there we will make a walk along the path of the ancient cactus island, where we can enjoy a spectacular view of the salt crust.
- When you descend from the cactus Island, you have time for a photo session looking over a huge salty crust. Lunch is in the salar. (option: vegetarian food).
- A pause at the former salt hotel, now a museum where visitors come from many places..
- After lunch, we will have a chance to photograph the flags,
- 6.30pm, a moment to enjoy the sunset and leaving for the airport or bus station, in time for your journey back to La Paz.